The Glock 26 is also known as the baby Glock thanks to its tiny size, and has been the most sought after concealed weapon to carry.
Now that you’ve got one, you’re probably wondering what the best Glock 26 shoulder holster is. My top pick is the UTG Universal Horizontal Shoulder Holster thanks to its high quality, easy adjustability, and quick set up
Get Great Guns and Ammo Deals!
Benefits and Disadvantages of a Shoulder Holster
Why should you choose a shoulder holster over other types of carrying methods? Or why shouldn’t you?
- Cold Weather
- Desk Duty
- Heavy Guns
- Slow Access
- Cross Draw
- Weak Hand Draw
- Awkward Situations
Carrying in cold weather is especially difficult, if you need to grab your Glock 26 quickly layers of clothes on.
A shoulder holster cuts right through that, so all you’ve got to do is unzip and grab. It even stays on with ease throughout the day, and is well hidden by those heavy coats or jackets.
Most people in fact prefer the shoulder holster in colder weather, since it’ll sit easily and will be well hidden, unlike some hip holsters.
If you’ve got a job that requires you to stay seated most of the time, a shoulder holster allows you to wear your gun more comfortably.
You can draw it from a sitting or standing position without any sort of problem. There’s less movement involved when you draw even, and it won’t hurt to wear for long periods of time.
More than likely, you’ll completely forget it’s there after a few days.
Weight is distributed much more easily when you’re using a shoulder holster. That means that you shouldn’t feel it on your hips, and after a few days, you’ll probably already be used to the added weight.
This is why these are so great when you’re sitting, as they won’t dig into your sides at all even with larger weapons.
Just be sure that your Glock 26 is fitting correctly. Shoulder holsters do let you draw your weapon very quickly, but that won’t help if you haven’t practiced how to get it out.
Be aware of any return policies too, since these do take more time to adjust to than other types of holsters.
The biggest possible complaint for shoulder holsters is that you have slower access. Hands that are normally at the sides go faster to a belt holster than one hanging from your shoulders.
Without practice, it can be especially difficult to get the hang of reaching back for your weapon.
Usually, shoulder holsters use cross draw, meaning that you’ve got to reach around the get your weapon.
Well in some cases, this can lead to an accidental discharge to your left or right before you get it facing up front. Safety is therefore a big issue for lots of people considering a shoulder holster.
Weak Hand Draw
It’s a little tough to get that weapon and especially if you’re trying to avoid accidental discharge, you might not get a great grip on your weapon.
The awkward positioning when drawing your Glock 26 certainly takes some time to properly master, and you may have to adjust your grip when you grab onto it.
If you’ve ever got to remove your jacket or relax, it’s impossible to hide your shoulder holster. Everyone will either know you’re carrying, or you’ll have to take it off.
That would defeat the purpose of concealed carrying in the end, which is why many people prefer the shoulder holster for winter weather.
Best Shoulder Holster Options for the Glock 26
This holster made in either black or tan is produced right in the USA, and works not only for the Glock 26, but for most popular semi-automatic guns.
The comfort flex double shoulder harness keeps it comfortable, with a standard double magazine pouch included.
- Very high quality fine leather
- Great option for wearing under a suit coat or a jacket
- Perfect for driving and other activities while seated
- Very good at concealing and shows very little bulge especially when you wear with a jacket
- Dual plane open muzzle
- Minimizes printing very effectively
- The retention straps can be improved and strengthened
- Higher price range
The Armadillo Leather Shoulder Holster is hand crafted from quality cow hide for some specific gun models. Of course the Glock 26 is included, along with various other types of Glocks too.
Leather tie-downs are even included, along with a double mag pouch featuring double snaps for better adjustment and fit.
- The cow hide material is of really good quality
- Easy to adjust to fit perfectly depending on stature
- Takes returns with no problems
- Fits well in the jacket with very little bulge
- The price is a little higher
- May transfer some added weight to the shoulders
- The stitching can be improved to make it sturdier
Pick any color you’d like and get your UTG shoulder holster and magazine pouches.
The modular design lets both left and right handed users grab their Glock 26 easily, while the padded shoulder keeps you comfortable.
The universal design will fit most small guns, including your Glock 26.
- You can adjust the fit in only about 10 minutes
- Nice and snug around the trigger guard, with a little extra room at the end of the muzzle
- You can adjust the straps you use for release to provide yourself with the easiest option
- The cant of the holster is completely adjustable, so you can carry your gun in a vertical position
- The shoulder holster is completely universal regardless of if you’re right or left handed
- Extremely well made and high quality
- The stitching can be improved, so even though the holster is soft and will hold your gun, it looks like the stitches may come undone soon
- The retention is a little inconsistent because of the universal quality
- The Glock 26 can sometimes get snagged in the holster
- If you don’t use the tie-down straps, they actually aren’t removable
- The retention straps are weak, so your gun may fall out if you adjust your position
- Does not fit larger individuals very well
Barsony makes their shoulder holster with a wide flat shoulder pad made of durable suede that will stay on your shoulder.
The actual holster has a reinforced retention with a sight protection channel built right in. There are four possible size adjustments for comfort, and includes tie-downs for your belt as well.
- Reasonably priced, comfortable, and really great for the price.
- Includes some well-made leather supports.
- The actual company accepts returns easily.
- Fits well in the jacket with very little bulge.
- You can even fit a much larger Glock than the 26 with no problem.
- Lightweight and very adjustable.
- The mag case is on the same side, unlike some other versions.
- Holds the position well while remaining comfortable and keeping your weapon concealed.
- Doesn’t hold the pistol as close to the side as some would like.
- May transfer some added weight to the shoulders.
- It begins to get uncomfortable after only a short time.
- Quality control is an issue; people often get bent pieces or things which are installed incorrectly.
- The material is a little flimsy; you may need to use parts of your own to enhance it.
Barsony makes multiple holsters, with this leather holster including precision stitching that’s lightweight and comfortable.
There’s a wide pad on the shoulder to help you wear it all day, an adjustable retention strap, and a four way size adjustment to fit anyone or most any gun.
- The quality is certainly fair for the price.
- Nice quality leather with decent straps
- Fits even full sized guns with ease.
- The actual leather is super soft and comfortable.
- It’s easy to adjust the leather if you need to.
- It can be stretched a little over time for a better fit.
- The leather is so soft and pliable that you might find that the magazine is ejected randomly.
- Magazines can fall to the floor sometimes.
- The pistol release strap is on the wrong side; makes it hard to actually remove your pistol with ease.
- Setting the straps is a little irritating because of the extra material hanging out.
- The straps are a little thin.
Consider any one of these Glock 26 shoulder holsters, but our top pick was the UTG Universal Horizontal Shoulder Holster. It’s completely adjustable.
It is also extremely popular amongst other Glock 26 owners and boasts pretty good ratings compared to the rest.