The CZ P01 model is a compact, aluminum-framed 9mm originally designed for LE and Military duty.
It’s perfect for discreet carry, due to its reduced weight and its forged alloy frame. It comes equipped with a decocker, and provides convenience for those who prefer hammer-down carry.
And a sleek, compact model like the CZ P01, deserves only an equally nice CZ P01 holster. I recently tested and compared up to 9 different models and have settled on the Barsony Leather Holster as my top recommendation.
It simply gives my CZ P01 the best fit and offers me the most comfort. It is lightweight and made out of premium cowhide leather with high precision stitching. Plus it even comes with a matching single magazine pouch.
Get Deals on Guns and Tactical Gear
Join 70,000 Readers For Our Weekly Discounts
GET MY DISCOUNTS
Table of Contents
What To Consider When Choosing Your Holster
Whether you see yourself as a novice shooter or a well experienced expert in firearm, choosing the perfect holster for you often means trying out lots of different types first.
To help you out, here are some tips you might want to know of before deciding on a holster:
Carry your firearm with confidence
You’re already aware that guns can be uncomfortable, heavy and require a lot of commitment. But by choosing a top holster manufacturer, you can make carrying your firearm a more comfortable and safer experience.
Wearing your CZ P01 with ease and comfort will help you carry with more confidence
The material of the holster is important
The two most popular choices are leather and molded plastic holsters. Unlike the thermoplastic ones, the leather ones do require some break-in period to become fully comfortable.
However, when it comes to overall comfort, leather would be your top choice.
IWB Holsters offer maximum concealability
A general rule is that if you want to use an IWB holster, you should get pants that are 2 inches bigger in the waist. They come in both leather and Kydex and some models can be worn outside the pants, inside the belt.
OWB Holsters is the most popular choice for comfort
This type of holsters is typically worn from 2 to 6 o’clock, but can also be worn as a crossdraw, from 9 to 11 o’clock. They are generally great for people to spend a lot of time sitting.
The crossdraw way is a great choice for those that spend most of their time in the day seated and may have to draw from that position.
With pocket carry holsters, you lose the use of one pocket entirely
Even though you won’t be able to keep any keys, phone or money in that pocket anymore, these are a great choice for days when you don’t wear a belt.
Shoulder rigs are extremely comfortable
They are also excellent at concealing, even though they have the same disadvantages as the crossdraw ones.
Ankle holsters can be both super comfortable and painful
The comfort they offer depends on the amount of padding, whether the gun rests on your ankle bone and how tightly the gun is strapped. Those are best for small-framed weapons.
You can hide your gun in plain sight
You can always purchase a purse, backpack or an attaché with a hidden holster inside. Those need to be used with precaution since they are not the safest option, since they can be easily stolen or can be reached by your kids, but are great at concealing.
There are some unusual CCW methods for unusual situations
These can be anything unusual like Belly bands, fanny packs, thigh holsters, jackets with hidden pockets, day planners, underwear holsters and Kleenex boxes.
Those are a great solution for the days when you have to attend some event or go to a place (the beach) where your normal everyday holster doesn’t work well with concealing.
Best Holsters For Your CZ-P01
It’s lightweight and made out of premium cowhide leather with high precision stitching.
It’s fully produced in the USA and comes with a matching single magazine pouch.
It can be worn in several ways and works with belts up to 1 3/4″ (1.75″) in width.
● Perfect fit for CZ P01
● Very lightweight (4 oz)
● Made out of premium cowhide leather with high precision stitching
● Can be worn in several ways
● Comes with a matching single magazine pouch
● Made in the USA
● Would be better if it have been made slightly taller
● On one side, the holster is nearly half an inch longer than the other side (on the barrel end). This does not affect the function of the holster.
● It does not have any rigidity to it whatsoever. This makes it a special challenge to re-holster your weapon.
This is an outside the waistband carry belt loop holster that comes with a magazine pouch and makes a steady platform for drawing and reholstering your CZ P01.
The belt loops on the pouch allow it to be worn with a trouser belt or a holster belt that is up to 2.5″ wide.
It’s made out of high quality laminate Cordura nylon and has a waterproof closed-cell foam padding and smooth nylon lining.
This holster also comes with an adjustable thumb-break and retention strap protected by Strap Trap that covers the Velcro adjustment.
● Great fit for CZ P01
● Made out of high quality laminate Cordura nylon
● Waterproof closed-cell foam padding
● Smooth nylon lining
● Adjustable thumb-break and retention strap
● Comes with an attached magazine pouch
● Excellent quality for the price
● Could have a tighter loop connecting to your belt
● Too much movement (sliding) on the belt for open carry
● The button that holds your gun in is not so well made
● Strap adjustment is difficult
It’s made out of ultra thin four-layer laminate that is as thick as the usual leather holsters.
It’s lightweight, open style and offers very good concealment. The material of the holster is cordura nylon with precision stitching.
This model can be worn strongside, crossdraw or small of back.
● Suede like exterior that helps to anchor the holster
● Ultra thin four-layer laminate
● Open style
● Very good concealment
● Cordura nylon with precision stitching
● Can be worn strongside, crossdraw or small of back
● Best for using at the range, or for target practicing
● Very comfortable and sturdy
● Very stable, doesn’t shift at all
● Not recommended for use in combat, or a real self defense situation
● Can become loose after some time
● Putting the gun back into the holster is really difficult
● No retention strap, might fall off if you’re upside down
The Fobus Roto-Holster rotates 360 degrees and adjusts easily for cross-draw, bodyguard/driver, small-of-the-back, and strong-side carries.
Its locking adjustment allows the firearm either a forward or rearward cant, with its Proven Retention System.
The Roto holster is lightweight (2 ounce), with a flexible two-piece design for maximum strength and all-day comfort. The flexible two piece design makes it interchangeable.
● Rotates 360 degrees
● Fits CZ P01 perfectly
● Good for crossdraw, bodyguard/driver, small-of-the-back, and strong-side carries
● Allows the firearm either a forward or rearward cant
● Really lightweight (2 ounce)
● Draws really fast
● Flexible two piece design makes it interchangeable
● Retention holds the fun in perfectly
● The design and material are really solid
● The holster cant and retention design makes it near impossible for anyone but the person carrying the gun to remove it.
● Can be difficult to pull your CZ P01 out
● Needs breaking in to work properly
● The holster is designed to be worn with a belt
● Needs some practicing to use it easily
The Barsony 6 Position Ambidextrous Concealment Pancake Holster is made out of premium Cordura nylon with precision stitching.
It’s lightweight and made in Beaverton, Oregon USA. It’s a really comfortable, versatile belt holster.
You can wear it strongside, crossdraw, small of the back. It also comes with a Velcro adjustable retention strap and thumb break.
● Can be worn in 6 different positions
● Made out of premium Cordura nylon with precision stitching
● Made in USA
● Very comfortable
● Velcro adjustable retention strap
● Comes with thumb break
● Not easy to open or close the thumb break while wearing
● The belt loops are not so well made and can get pulled out of their stitching
● It’s somehow hard to reach for the gun, un-snap the thumb break and draw the firearm quickly
Even though I recommend all of the holsters above, I find the Barsony Leather Holster to fit my needs the most which makes it my top pick.
Among other reasons, I prefer it because it comes with a matching single magazine pouch, is really light and comfortable for carrying, feels very secure and is made out of high quality leather.