The Kahr CW380 is a great pocket pistol. With an extremely thin profile, and a shorter barrel than most comparable pistols, this gun has become extremely popular as a concealed carry weapon, especially for law enforcement professionals.
This compact design means that this gun is great for concealed carry, if you choose the correct Kahr CW380 holster. Ideally, you want a holster that will limit printing, and also be comfortable for extended periods.
But which holster to choose? That’s where we come in! After reading hundreds of reviews, we think that the Talon Concealed Carry Leather Holster is the one to go for at the moment. It is remarkably light and compact, fits the Kahr CW 45 really well, almost completely eliminates printing, and looks the part. If you are looking for a concealment holster for your Kahr CW 380, this is definitely the one to get.
Table of Contents
How to Choose a Holster for Your Kahr CW 380
Choosing a holster for a Kahr CW 380 can be a tricky business. We’re going to bet that if you already own a Kahr CW 380, you like to carry it concealed, and are looking for a holster that means no-one knows you are armed except yourself.
The problem with concealed carry holsters for small pistols is safety. Whilst many prefer the bravado of having a minimal holster, we don’t recommend that you skip on safety features, since the consequences of an accidental discharge can be enormous.
Besides this, and when choosing any holster, and especially one for your Kahr CW 380, there are a few things to consider:
Especially with the type of minimal holster you will want for concealed carry, weapon security is important. In fact, it should be the first thing you look for when choosing a holster. There is no point in a holster that doesn’t protect you from accidents.
Primarily, this means that the holster you choose should fit your gun properly, and afford some protection to the trigger mechanism. With the best holsters around at the moment, when paired with a Kahr CW 380, you will almost forget that you are carrying a weapon, so make sure this doesn’t lead to extra danger.
One of the best advances of recent years has been the invention of fully adjustable retention screws. These mean that it is possible to adjust the tightness with which the holster grips your weapon. Whilst typically not available on minimal, concealed carry holsters, this feature represents the safest way of carrying your pistol.
Type of Holster
Whether you choose an IWB or OWB holster, or even a pocket holster, is of course dependent on your personal preference. Pocket carry is especially popular with compact pistols like the Kahr CW 380, and can have big advantages in terms of comfort. Just be aware that without significant practice, drawing a weapon from your pocket can be a bit awkward, and potentially dangerous.
On the other hand, we know that many people prefer an OWB holster, for reasons varying from the variable cant available on these holsters to draw speed.
Ease of Access
Of course, even if your holster holds your gun tightly, and you are carrying it in deep concealment, you still want to be able to draw it quickly. One feature to look for in this are is variable cant – the angle at which your weapon sits when in the holster. Different people prefer different cants, and you can even adjust this angle depending on the situation.
Concealment of a weapon is more of an art than a science, and there are many things to think about in this area. It is worth reading up about how to best conceal your weapon, and some of the common mistakes made when doing so, in order to help you choose a holster for your Kahr CW 380.
If you carry your pistol concealed, it goes without saying that you want a holster that hides your weapon well. With a pocket pistol like the Kahr CW 380, this can be easily achieved. Most holsters available today, and especially IWB holsters, are designed to break up the outline of your gun. This reduces printing, which some people worry about, and ensures that only you will know that you are armed.
If you are spending a but of cash on a holster, you want to make sure it will last the distance. All of the holsters we reviewed offer superior durability, so you can be sure that they will give many years of reliable service.
Top Holster Options for the CW 380
This holster offers a great compromise between concealment, safety features, and rugged materials. The leather it is composed of has a reassuring weight, and extends up over the trigger mechanism of your Kahr CW 380, significantly reducing the risk of accidental discharge.
In addition, the anti-printing panel incorporated into this holster means that no-one will notice you are carrying.
This holster comes equipped with many extra features, all of which add value to it:
- This holster has been designed by law enforcement professionals, who are increasingly carrying pocket pistols such as the Kahr CW 380 as a personal defense weapon, so you can be sure that in dangerous situations it won’t let you down.
- The leather used here is molded specifically for each and every pistol, so it fits each extremely well. In addition, one of the advantages of leather holsters is that as they wear in they fit your gun better and better.
- In truth, we can find no real disadvantages with this holster. If you are looking for a holster for your Kahr CW 380 that offers superior concealment, but also a nice level of safety, this is the one to go for.
This is a more minimal holster than the one above, but is none the worse for that. What you get here is a no-nonsense holster that protects your Kahr CW 380, is comfortable to wear, and ultimately allows you to almost forget that you are armed.
One disadvantage here is that the minimal design can increase printing, so it is worth reading up about how to avoid this happening if you are interested in this holster.
In addition, this holster has several other great features:
- This holster fits the Kahr Cw 380 really well. The people we spoke to for this review reported that it was very well shaped, offering good weapon retention whilst still allowing for a reasonably quick draw.
- The holster is nicely compact. A lot of people find IWB holsters a bit uncomfortable, especially if they are not used to them, but with such a slim holster we are sure that even novices will quickly get used to carrying their Kahr CW 380 in this holster.
- In truth, this is not the safest of holsters, and we don’t recommend it for novices. Since the grip of your pistol is always exposed, if you are just getting used to regularly carrying a pistol, it might be worth getting a holster with more trigger protection.
This is a true pocket holster, designed to be carried in the front pocket. It is a great example of this type of holster, but be aware that without significant practice drawing a Kahr CW 380, or any other compact pistol, from a pocket can be awkward, and potentially dangerous. Practice makes perfect, as always.
In addition, this holster has several advantages:
- The materials used in this holster are great. The outside is designed to be high friction, and the inside low friction. This means that the holster will stay in your pocket as you draw your gun, eliminating the possibility that you draw both your holster and your weapon together.
- Importantly for a pocket holster, this is a really compact item, and makes a really small unit when paired with a Kahr CW 380. If you are into concealed carry, and want to carry your pistol in deep concealment, this is the holster for you.
- In terms of pocket holsters, this is a good example. The only disadvantage we would note is that since it is not specifically designed for the Kahr CW 380, the gun feels a little small when inside the holster.
A solid leather holster that does the job, and is one of the longest lasting holsters we have seen. These holsters are hand made by craftsmen, and as a result what you get with this holster is an item lovingly built to fit your Kahr CW 380 really well.
The thick leather used here also ages beautifully, fitting your weapon better and better with every passing year. You may never need another holster, in truth.
In addition, this holster comes with some added features:
- When used with a Kahr CW 380, this holster is pretty good at reducing printing. The holster, in fact, feels quite large on the gun, and therefore breaks up its outline well.
- The holster is really comfortable, incorporating an innovative flap on the rear which spreads the weight of your gun across your waistband, meaning that if you are carrying your weapon for extended periods it does not become uncomfortable.
- The fit of this holster around a Kahr CW 45 is, in truth, not the best. Whilst it holds the weapon pretty well, some people who we talked to for this review felt that their gun moved around a little bit too much in the holster.
What you should look for in a holster for your Kahr CW 380 depends, to a great extent, on how you use it. We’ve assumed that you want concealment above all, as this is one of the huge advantages of owning a pocket pistol like the Kahr CW 380.
Wallet holsters are our most popular holster type. These full-concealment holsters and cargo pocket holsters include an anti-print rear panel and are ideal for carrying your firearm in places where you wouldn’t want it noticed, such as at work.Check Price
In our opinion, the Talon Concealed Carry Leather Holster is the one to go for at the moment. It is remarkably light and compact, fits the Kahr CW 45 really well, almost completely eliminates printing, and looks the part. If you are looking for a concealment holster for your Kahr CW 380, this is definitely the one to get.